ASM to HTML converter
This program was written to display PIC assembly files in web pages. Just showing
the contents of the file in fixed font looked a little drab so I tried to add a
few hyperlinks where appropriate. The effect I was trying to achieve was partly a
few hyperlinks and partly the look of some editors which display keywords and other significant
tokens in different colours. This looked like a good java program to write so
here it is. I've just added the features I was after and
the program is far from complete. Here is a list of the features it has at present.
Have a look at an example of the output of this converter.
- Takes a .asm or .h file and outputs a .asm.html or .h.html file.
- Listing is displayed in a fixed font.
- Comments are displayed in green.
- Lines beginning with directives are shown in red. Currently,
only the directives TITLE, INCLUDE, LIST and ORG are supported.
- Included files are shown as hyperlinks. Clicking on these will display the
corresponding .asm.html file.
- Labels referred to in gotos and calls are shown as hyperlinks. Clicking on labels
which are not external to the file will take you to the label.
- Labels referred to in gotos and calls that are external to the file are listed
at the end. Clicking on the label reference in the listing takes you to the list of
external links at the end of the listing. These are hyperlinks in turn and clicking
on these will display the external file at the position where the label occurs.
- It supports the 16C84 instruction set which it uses to detect labels.
- Handles the > and < characters correctly.
- No support for macros or anything else at this stage.
Updated on 18 Feb 97. Feedback to